Saturday, August 12, 2017

Advertising or Authenticity

Once upon a time,  my husband opened the mail.....

I love it when my husband opens the mail and tells me we can refinance at 2.99% .  Since this is what I do ALL day, I assure him that the marketing material in the mail, on the internet, and radio....are clearly just that!  Advertising VS. Authenticity.

There is a local ad that says they will pay all your closing costs.  My first question....is there an additional origination, processing, or underwriting fee that you are being charged that covers all those other fees? IF no, then this could be a great situation.  I have worked for companies that charged $1600 to the client in loan fees alone. This was not a great situation. This creates additional out of pocket expense at the closing table.  I thought that was how it had to be... "they" advertised to me that the company was exceptional for the client! Then I did my research until I found a better home for me, and my clients.  That company was voted one of the top 100 mortgage companies in the USA.  I just wonder who was voting?  Not me, and probably not the clients.

Advertising can be creative, but can be tricky, and has a meaningful purpose.. but sometimes to get the company more business, regardless of the outcome. How do you know who to trust?   Of course I want your business too, but not with trickery.  I am going to tell you how it is, whether you like it or not.  Getting a home loan can be a stressful process for most people.  It includes a mountain of paperwork, math, and government policies which are three areas most people despise. I happen to LOVE all three areas! Call me weird, but it seems to be for your benefit too!  We CAN have a good time while we do this process...and there should never be any surprises late in the game.

Let's prepare, let's plan, and let's get you into the  perfect dream home, with the perfect dream loan too!



Cindy Chaisson
561-246-9586
Florida and California Licensed Originator NMLS #1385534
Powered by Edge Home Finance NMLS 891464
Like us on FacebookFind us on YelpFollow us on Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment